Since we are in the month of November, I want us to acknowledge the #NoShaveNovember movement. Before I continue let me answer your most pressing questions- Yes I’m a girl writing on beards…and No I don’t have a beard.
Now let’s move on. The concept of No shave November was started to raise awareness for Cancer by embracing our hair and letting it grow. The money typically spent on shaving and grooming must be donated to educate people on cancer prevention, help save lives and aid cancer patients. So guys don’t grow out that beard just for the fun of it, save up and go do some cancer awareness.
I don’t know much about beards but it doesn’t hurt to share the little you know right? The beard is also natural facial hair (unless some of you guys relax it…Don’t do that!) so taking care of it should not be too different from taking care of your natural hair except the beard might not need as much products as us naturalistas use.
- Beard Shampoo/Beard wash: This is specially made for facial hair. It helps cleanse and strengthen the beard hair and also reduces itching as the beard grows. Don’t use regular shampoo since this strips the beard of its natural oils and leaves your beard dry thereby leading to beard dandruff and split ends.
- Beard Balm: This is used as your moisturizer. It conditions and softens the hair thereby making it easier to handle.
- Beard Oil: Natural oils are best for hair growth. This helps to hydrate and condition facial hair as well as the skin beneath it. Some oils to use are Argan oil which promotes healthy hair, Coconut oil, Castor oil, Olive oil, jojoba oil, hemp seed oil and almond oil . You can also make your own beard oil by mixing two or three of the oils of your choice. Use your beard oil everyday to prevent it from becoming dry and brittle. That doesn’t mean you should pour a whole bottle of beard oil in your beard.
- Beard Softener: If you’ve got really hard hair this might just be what you need. It works as a leave-in conditioner so it helps to really soften coarse beard hair.
- Beard Growth Serum: I know some of you guys struggle with beard growth and since it’s now a trend you are just dying for your beard to grow. This serum was made to boost growth of beard follicles and also condition your beard. This is a must have if you are trying to grow some beard.
There are quite a number of products for beard growth in the market today. Make sure to choose the right product with natural ingredients. Natural oils are also not hard to find. Add this to your morning routine and your beard will thank you for that. Let’s not forget a good diet and a good rest helps with hair growth. Eat healthy and sleep well.
Thank you for reading this. And a big thanks to Kevin and Fiifi for featuring in this post. They should be your beard goals..lol.
Please click on the link- Dadie Anoma to check out the new song by one of your beard goals-Fiifi..